Hanover Research- Research Analyst, Corporate Survey
Remote Opportunity #Remote #LI-Remote
The Survey Research Analyst will work closely with a Research Director and other analysts on survey research projects that deliver actionable insights in addressing clients’ market research questions. In this role the analyst will draw on logical and critical thinking skills to create high-quality, custom survey instruments and will use their knowledge of survey tools to program instruments with extreme accuracy. They will also analyze survey results to craft a compelling narrative that supports clients’ decision-making on pressing business needs.
This position allows for the swift development and refinement of a comprehensive set of market research skills and provides the opportunity to develop a relationship with a young and rapidly-growing enterprise. We expect all employees to be intellectually curious, ambitious, and interested in assuming increasing levels of responsibility. This position will report directly to a Research Director under the supervision of the Managing Director of Corporate Survey.
Our Corporate Survey Team works on project types including:
Desired Skills and Attributes
• Strong command of survey and data analytics methodologies and procedures;
• Strong command of the English language and demonstrated writing and editing skills;
• Willingness to tackle complex, often unfamiliar research requests;
• Ability to work quickly and independently;
• Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
• Willingness and ability to pick up new quantitative skills and market research methodologies as necessary and apply them in new contexts;
• Ability to proofread and edit research projects while providing constructive feedback;
• Experience writing and researching for a business or professional audience;
• Experience in an undergraduate or graduate research role (institutional research, assessment, etc.) is preferred;
• Ability to accept feedback and constructive critique positively;
• Demonstrable problem solving skills;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic;
• Proven academic achievement;
• High comfort level with Microsoft Office applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline is preferred.
Professional or academic experience conducting research or survey design and analysis is preferred.
Office is located in Arlington, VA
• Starting at 18+ days Paid Time Off
• 11 observed holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People Day and an additional 3 floating days in a calendar year (14 in total)
• 401(K) employer matching program
• Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
• Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
• Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
• Community service opportunities
• Unlimited snacks and beverages (when the office opens again)
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your resume.
About Hanover Research:
Founded in 2003, Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that delivers market intelligence through a unique, fixed-fee model to more than 1,000 clients. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account executives to provide a service that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association from 2015 to 2021. To learn more about Hanover Research, visit www.hanoverresearch.com
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.