Hanover Research, Arlington VA
Remote Opportunity #Remote #LI-Remote
Hanover’s Grants Consultants work alongside Content Directors and Researchers providing grant support services to Hanover’s higher education clients. The Grants Consultant will be responsible for assessing appropriate fit of highly technical funding programs, consulting with clients on concept development, revising proposal narratives to ensure competitiveness against funder requirements, and conducting grantsmanship trainings in both web-based and in-person settings. This is an ideal role for those with a passion for getting to know scientific research and academic programming intimately and then helping clients to become more effective in carrying out their institutional missions. This position will report directly to a Senior Grants Consultant.
• Review and revise STEM- and/or health science-focused proposal narratives to optimize competitiveness;
• Work closely with clients to create strong grant proposals from conception to submission;
• Provide highly professional consultative service to clients throughout the grant writing process;
• Manage remote proposal development teams to ensure all proposals are submitted in a timely manner;
• Independently create client-ready deliverables with minimal guidance or oversight;
• Manage tight deadlines to create proposals and deliverables requiring few edits quickly;
• Leading skills-based grantsmanship trainings, both virtually and in person.
Desired Skills and Attributes
• Experience writing and researching for a scientific audience;
• Ability both to accept and to provide constructive feedback;
• Strong fact-checking, writing, and editing skills in the English language;
• Experience facilitating team training;
• Strong interest in prospect research, fundraising strategy, grant writing, and the organizations we serve;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal guidance or oversight;
• Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
• Demonstrable problem-solving skills and work ethic;
• Proven academic achievement;
• High comfort level with Microsoft Office applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point.
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a STEM-related discipline, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered. Ph.D. preferred.
3-5 years’ experience as a grant writer, reviewer, and/or editor with hands-on proposal support and/or grant writing experience. Prior experience working with federal funding agencies, namely the NSF, is required. Prior experience conducting sponsored research is preferred.
Office is located in Arlington, VA
How to Apply
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (proposal, professional correspondence, or similar business sample)
About Hanover Research
Founded in 2003, Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that delivers market intelligence through a unique, fixed-fee model to more than 1,000 clients. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account executives to provide a service that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association from 2015 to 2021. To learn more about Hanover Research, visit www.hanoverresearch.com
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.