Managing Director, Corporate Revenue
The Managing Director for our Corporate Revenue team oversees the day-to-day operations, strategies, and revenue activities of our revenue team within a specific practice. The Managing Director is responsible for managing a team including five to eight individual revenue Directors as well as numerous support staff related to their assigned product. They serve as critical leader of the Corporate practice who can use their experience managing the execution of revenue processes, coupled with knowledge of specific market trends, to generate optimal revenue production and help execute on the Corporate 5-year growth strategy.
• Manage critical staff and business processes to achieve optimal team revenue production, product growth, as well as employee retention and advancement;
• Liaise with internal stakeholders (e.g., such as Human Resources, Product Development and Account Management, Marketing and Strategy) to ensure the team has the people, materials, and information to be successful;
• Provide continuous input and feedback on the go-to-market strategy for your product, growth and hiring decisions, and the status of the market segment and revenue progress.
• Ensure client satisfaction to drive renewal and build long term partnership with Hanover;
• Consistently meet targets for client renewal and upsell, based on quarterly goals;
• Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to grow existing client relationships through the sale of expanded/additional research capacity;
• Help execute and develop the Corporate growth strategy;
Desired Skills and Attributes
• Ability to manage a revenue team successfully against monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets;
• Experience directly interfacing with clients and perspective clients
• Service-oriented mentality;
• Working knowledge of business and economic trends;
• Experiencing writing for a business/professional audience;
• Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Prior experience in a manager or mentor capacity, with proven ability to develop employees within a professional environment;
• High-energy, self-motivated, agile leaders with the ability to think spontaneously and respond quickly;
• Believers in the power of market research who possess the ability to drive urgency and decisions with both internal and external stakeholders.
A Bachelor’s degree demonstrating high achievement from an accredited academic institution.
3 - 5 years of experience in a consultative revenue management role with a proven track record of success by consistently meeting or exceeding all performance metrics.
Office is in Arlington, Virginia (Hybrid option available if local)
Remote option is available as well #LI-Remote #Remote
• Competitive base salary and uncapped commission earning potential
• Starting at 18+ days Paid Time Off
• 11 observed holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People Day and an additional 3 floating days in a calendar year
• 401(K) employer matching program
• Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
• Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
• Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
• Community service opportunities
• Unlimited snacks and beverages (when the office opens again)
How to Apply
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your resume (any work samples are highly encouraged)
About Hanover Research
Founded in 2003, Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that delivers market intelligence through a unique, fixed-fee model to more than 1,000 clients. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account executives to provide a service that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and by the Insights Association in 2019 and 2020. To learn more about Hanover Research, visit www.hanoverresearch.com
• Business Building – We build our business quickly and intelligently and we help our clients do the same
• Thought Leadership and Innovation – We strive constantly to deliver better information in a better way
• Service – To our clients and our community, service is our guiding principle
• Leadership and Mentorship – Our talent is our greatest asset, and we hope to help our people be their best
• Firm Citizenship – We are optimists who believe there are endless possibilities for our company and ourselves
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.