Associate Content Director – Higher Education Practice Area
The Associate Content Director supports Content Directors with research and client management. As such, the position requires a strong research foundation, excellent project management skills, and an interest in client interaction. We are seeking highly-motivated applicants with the right combination of research and project management experience, preferably within the education sector. A successful candidate will be interested in making a long-term contribution to a growing organization. This position will report directly to a practice area-specific Senior Content Director.
Tasks would be set for the week or several days at a time (when possible) so that Associate Content Director can self-prioritize responsibilities and manage deliverables that need to be completed over the course of a few days. The Associate Content Director will have a mix of short-turnaround and mid-term projects, identified and assigned by the Senior Content Director.
• Complete fast turnaround requests (e.g., project updates, executive summaries, capstones, scopes, RAP development)
• Edit projects and draft client delivery emails
• Complete average to difficult generalist research projects (on extended timelines)
• Fully manage a small number (e.g., 2-3) of research projects on behalf of Content Directors (starting with generalist projects and eventually managing survey, qualitative, and quantitative research projects)
• Support Content Directors with parts of more complicated or multi-phase research projects (e.g., make survey updates, oversee survey fielding, draft warm outreach and invitation emails for qual or survey projects)
• Shadow partner calls (potentially become actively involved with a few specific clients)
• Assist with post-call tasks (e.g., pulling library reports, drafting SOWs, logging projects, general follow up, initial project scoping, mapping out how to tackle multi-phase research projects)
• Provide back-up coverage when Content Directors are unavailable
• Provide researchers with guidance and constructive feedback on assigned projects
• Act as a mentor and coach to research staff
3. Able to work well independently
4. Attentive to detail
5. Able to take ownership of projects from beginning (i.e., developing a research strategy) to middle (i.e., conducting research) to end (i.e., creating a polished deliverable)
6. Able to balance multiple, ongoing priorities and to meet deadlines
7. Excellent organizational skills
8. Willingness to take initiative to learn new research methodologies and seek out resources to learn on the job
9. Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate clearly upward and downward
10. Demonstrable problem solving skills
11. High comfort level with Microsoft Office applications, such as MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel
This is an early career management role. Candidates should have 2 to 5 years of research experience and limited client management experience.
The Associate Content Director will support one small team. They will spend, on average, 20 hours on client/project management and 20 hours in the researcher pipeline each week.
Office is located in Arlington, VA #Remote #LI-Remote
• Starting at 18+ days Paid Time Off
• 14 paid holidays including Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day, and personal holidays
• 401(K) employer matching program
• Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
• Health and wellness packages with discounts to local gym
• Annual company-wide day of service and monthly events partnering with local organizations such as KidPower, Martha’s Kitchen, DC SPCA
• Community service opportunities
• Unlimited snacks and beverages (when the office opens again)
How to Apply
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, fast-growing company, we encourage you to submit your resume and any other supporting materials.
About Hanover Research
Founded in 2003, Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that delivers market intelligence through a unique, fixed-fee model to more than 1,000 clients. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Hanover employs high-caliber market researchers, analysts, and account executives to provide a service that is revolutionary in its combination of flexibility and affordability. Hanover was named a Top 50 Market Research Firm by the American Marketing Association from 2015 to 2021. To learn more about Hanover Research, visit www.hanoverresearch.com
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.
Software Powered by iCIMS